Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A40 not having stock AOD

(Topic created on: 25-04-2020 01:46 PM)
Marcel1981
First Poster
Options

Purchased this week an A40 to replace my 2 Galaxy A3's (2017). With a "follow-up" model you could expect that at least the options are present that were also present with the previous model. But no AOD??? How could Samsung ever think of not supporting that tiny app?! Yes, third party apps are available to do the job, but that's really not an option in combination with the weak battery. Third party apps consume up to 5-8% battery power per hour! Please in the next update??

19 REPLIES 19
Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

I love the phone compared to A3 2017 but miss that feature whyyyyyy

Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

@Boogienights  i agree this should be a feature i have been on youtube looking and managed to find a video that shows how to get sock always on display on the galaxy a40 but it doesnt work properly as u say its such a small feature they could of pushed to the device through an update just another thing have u recieved android 10 yet for your galaxy a40 ? If so which country etc are u in ? Im in the uk csc code xeu and still havent recieved it yet.

jack6503
Pioneer
Options
guys i need always on display too. ive tried some apps but those r draining too much battery.

anyway to get original always on display on samsung a40?

when trying to install [Samsung] Always On Display 5.2.05.8 i get unable to install pop up. why?

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsun...-05-8-release/
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

@jack6503  i went on youtube typed in always on display galaxy a40 there was a videos on how to get stock always on display it showed the clock etc on my lockscreen but there was just something about it it didny seem right i would rather samsung just gave us it with an update as its not a flagship feature but u could try this.

jack6503
Pioneer
Options
link?
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options
0 Likes
jack6503
Pioneer
Options
didnt work with my phone. cant find aod in settings.
0 Likes
Robbie-35
Troubleshooter
Options

@jack6503  try going into the settings menu and press the search icon and search for always on display see if anything appears when i tried it my phone was running android 9 now weve got android 10 that might be the problem.

0 Likes
dazzz
First Poster
Options
I am thinking of gettig rid of my a40 and not buying samsung ever again.I am very disapointed,mid range fone and lack of aod,shame on you samsung.
TwoMuchCode
First Poster
Options

I would get a pixel, older iphone once you stop using the a40. I have both the iPhone 11 and pixel 5 now and they are both great phones though if you want more value for money and want the phone for a longer amount of time I would get the iPhone 11

0 Likes