Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A40 not having stock AOD

(Topic created on: 28-02-2020 02:49 AM)
Marcel1981
First Poster
Options

Purchased this week an A40 to replace my 2 Galaxy A3's (2017). With a "follow-up" model you could expect that at least the options are present that were also present with the previous model. But no AOD??? How could Samsung ever think of not supporting that tiny app?! Yes, third party apps are available to do the job, but that's really not an option in combination with the weak battery. Third party apps consume up to 5-8% battery power per hour! Please in the next update??

19 REPLIES 19
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I agree AOD is a very useful feature on the phone @Marcel1981 

I would therefore suggest you send your feedback to Samsung via the Samsung Members App so it gets direct to the Samsung Developers.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

PaulEgan-74
Apprentice
Options

absolutely furious about this, would not of brought the phone A40, if I had known there was no AOD. now stuck with a phone I don't want!! shame on you Samsung!

Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

I had A3-2017 prior which had it, roughly same price strange. Its not a flagship feature so?... the ones in playstore use a lot of battery! .its such a small feature, it could easily be in an update. A40 definately needs it its so much easier to tap check message.  Could then turn of DP to wake.  Stock one uses hardly any batter also.....well just keep at them in the memebers app! 

Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

Whoops DP! 

0 Likes
Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

Use Members app request it! 

0 Likes
Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

Ive gotten used to it without it really, Double tap then u see icon on lock screen anyhow !

0 Likes
Niknak2
First Poster
Options

I have just recently changed to a new phone A40. Disgusted this does not have AOD. Previously had an A5 which had this function. I would not have chosen this new phone had I known this. Needs to be added to an update. 

PaulEgan-74
Apprentice
Options

tell me about it, feels like a down grade, not a upgrade. which it was supposed to be!

Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options
10 came out no AOD cmon Sammy we miss it we have amoled 😭😭😭😭😭