Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A40 Latest Android update (version 11 - March 2021)

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 02:00 PM)
delboyuk2508
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Just had the latest Android update for my Galaxy A40 phone, and there are a lot of changes, one of which is that my tethering widget no longer toggles my tethering, and after trying it trying to turn on tethering manually via settings does not work either, it tries to swith it on but decides its too much effort and fails.

I have found that the only way I can get it to work is if I restart the phone and turn it on manually by swiping down on the quick panel and pressing the tethering button.

I would love to know how to get around this issue.

Cheers

Derek

8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

After an update, clearing system cache can clear up some issues.

0 Likes
delboyuk2508
Explorer
Options

Hi thanks for the idea, I did that it worked the first time then stopped again and wont let me start the tethering hotspot, it will probably work if I reboot the phone but I dont want to keep having to do that

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you toggle airplane mode off and on does that work?
0 Likes
delboyuk2508
Explorer
Options

Airplane or flight mode works fine every time as does my wifi toggle switch, but my hotspot tethering works only when it feels like it and seems to be OK after a restart, very inconvenient.

0 Likes
harris_barris
Pioneer
Options
I have thd same phone and it seems to be a glitch with the new update. So far all I've been able to do yo get it to work is just repeatedly trying it until it stays on.
0 Likes
gggeek
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
skandigraun
Explorer
Options

Yeah, the latest update is extra buggy, I regret installing it. Beside the tethering issue, for me the actual phone feature stops working randomly: I stop getting messages, calls don't reach me. After reboot I get the messages from my provider about missed calls...

And it looks that A40 won't get a new update before June. I'm just thinking about buying a different phone, not sure if I can keep up with these bugs that long, it became pretty much useless.

0 Likes
gggeek
Journeyman
Options

On my side, besides the tethering on/off switch problem, issues noticed so far include:

- battery drains faster

- issues with dns resolution for devices attached via wifi tethering

- fingerprint recognition for unlock has become much more finicky

- generally apps feel slower to start up, but a bit faster when executing

I just did a 'wipe cache partition', hoping that some of the above will improve...

0 Likes