Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A32 USB Charging

(Topic created on: 06-11-2022 03:25 PM)
Merelan
First Poster
Options

Hi, my Galaxy A32 5G will not charge when connected to a PC / laptop / car via the USB cable.

I have tried 5 or 6 different PC's / laptops / car and 5 or 6 different cables. The phone charges fine when plugged into a wall adapter. I have measured the power output of all the PC's / laptops / car and they all have a minimum of 500mA. All the PC's / laptops / car recoginse the phone and the lightning charging symbol shows on the battery symbol on the screen, the phone just wont charge.

Is there a setting in the phone that disables charging from mobile devices?

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Merelan: Please can you try heading to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 lines with the downward facing arrow, to the right of Your Apps > Show system apps (toggle this on) > OK > USBSettings > Clear cache > Clear data, then power off your Galaxy A32 5G. If you connect the phone to your home computer using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, are you able to establish a charge? If not, please power the phone back on, then head to the Samsung Members app > Press and hold on the app icon > Diagnostics, and run through the 'USB connection' and 'Cable charging' tests to see if this flags any issues. 

0 Likes
Merelan
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL: Cheers for your reply and help. Followed your instructions and whilst the phone was turned off it charged up (from my laptop) by around 13% (71% to 84%) in an hour. I turned the the phone on and in the next hour it charge 1%, suggesting the charging issue only occurs when the phone is turned on.

Any ideas?

0 Likes