Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A32 5G is not charging anymore

(Topic created on: 24-11-2022 12:15 AM)
Sandrouk
Apprentice
Options
Since my last software update few days ago, my Galaxy A32 5G is not charging anymore. Does anyone have the same issue? I wish I could reverse the update 😕

13 REPLIES 13
AndrewL
Options

@Sandrouk: Are you using the original USB-C cable that came packaged with the device, and are you using an official Samsung plug adapter? If so, have you tried connecting your A32 5G to a home computer to see if you're able to establish a charge in this manner? Do you have access to another charger that you can try to see if this helps? If the issue persists, press and hold on the Samsung Members app icon > Diagnostics > Cable Charging, and follow the on screen prompts. Does this test flag any issues? 

0 Likes
Migs0
Explorer
Options
I've had the same issue with my S21, it foesnt always charge of sometimes it only charges if I open the case and I've tried it in 3 different chargers, all official Samsung.
0 Likes
Sandrouk
Apprentice
Options
Yes, I have try all of your suggestions as mentioned to Samsung on Twitter. All my original chargers are also working with other phones but not with my A32 5G since the software update.
0 Likes
Wwk38
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, tried everything  not charging at all😔

0 Likes
fullmoonyeah
First Poster
Options

ITS BEEN 4 MONTHS AND NO UPDATES COMING FROM SAMSUNG FOR A SOLUTION!!!!!! IS THIS HOW YOU TREAT CUSTOMERS?!!!!!

SELLING US PRODUCTS WITH THIS BUG AND DOESNT COME UP WITH A SOLUTION. WHAT A JOKE!!!!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@fullmoonyeah: I'm sorry that you feel this way, however this is not a known, widespread issue with this model. If you have attempted the steps in my previous reply, and you are still unable to establish a charge, then please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and get in touch via your preferred channel, and an advisor will be able to arrange for the device to be inspected and repaired by an authorised Samsung engineer. 

0 Likes
MrGC
First Poster
Options

I am on my 2nd A32 5G. The first quit charging at 11 months. My 2nd is 6 months old (T-Mobile $20 warranty replace - not sure replacement was new). 2nd is now exhibiting same behavior but stills takes partial charge. Admit sample size is only two phones, but 2 out of 2 similar failures suggests a design defect.

A guy on YouTube showed this might be caused by flat cable from charging port running across battery to the main board. He says all Samsung A series share this design. The guy fixed that phone by just resoldering one side of cable connector - pretty simple.

I can't even figure out how to get my phone apart and I suck at soldering fine connections. I'll probably just switch brands, though I like how my current phone works when it charges.

Since I never have had the back off my phone, I'm guessing you dropped your phone on it's back and momentum of battery damaged connector so you only have intermittent connection to charging port. My phone is in a case, but a case can't prevent that sort of failure. -Good Luck

0 Likes
MrGC
First Poster
Options

YouTube mentioned in previous reply. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX9RTRZlYWM

Have not proven it is same as my issue, but this would explain my phone's behavior perfectly.

0 Likes
not your business
First Poster
Options

I don't believe this is some unknown issue as I saw some people here has the same issie with the charging functions of this model. knowing this model is created in SAMSUNG, I thought its good quality for the PRICE!!! IT DID NOT EVEN LAST A MONTH IN USING!! ITS LIKE I BOUGHT A PRICY GARBAGE!!!!

0 Likes