Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A30 Charging problems

(Topic created on: 23-06-2020 07:54 AM)
Lava_za
Apprentice
Options

My phone only charges with other chargers, and on the Computer via USB.
The fast chargers (I have 2) both are working for other devices, but not on the phone.

Other cables same result.

When plugged into the computer it displayed that the USB device malfunctioned, this never happend before - only when the charging problem started.

Other Samsung devices all fast charge with my chargers & cables but not on my phone.

I have also cleaned the USB-C port, restarted the phone multiple times, shut down the phone multiple times, turn on and off the fast charging option in the battery options, and also reset the phone to factory settings - and nothing happened.

The phone only charges with non-fast chargers, and via the USB on other computers, but on all other computers it also says the USB device in the device manager has stopped working. 

Windows Explorer also thus doesn't pick up the phone to browes it, it only charges (very slowly)

This started happening today when I tried charging when the battery was at 15%
The firt time plugging in into the fast charger it did charge - but it stopped at 21% then when the battery level reached below that - it started fast charging again (from the wall)
This kept happening a few times, and when I plugged it into the computer - I started to find out the above issues. And now it no longer charges with any fast charger at all.

I also don't have any software updates currently available.

This Samsung A30 is about 4 months old now, previously everything worked flawlessly - haven't installed and made any setting/cable/charger/electricty changes since.

22 REPLIES 22
iamarjun45
First Poster
Options

Were you able to solve the problem?

0 Likes
iamarjun45
First Poster
Options
Kevin, how did you resolve the issue?
0 Likes
iamarjun45
First Poster
Options
Did you visit the service center?
0 Likes
Lava_za
Apprentice
Options

I returned by device to where I bought it and got a warranty replacement.

0 Likes
GregoryBrown
First Poster
Options
We are on lockdown here... all service centers are closed.
0 Likes
GregoryBrown
First Poster
Options
Service centers here are closed due to the lockdown - also - Samsung has a 3moth warranty here in BR (I am not sure what the rule is out of BR) - When the issues first started, I was told by a clerk at a Samsung store - "that's why we push for the extended warranty and insurance" - he basically shrugged me off and suggested I'd buy a new phone.
Great customer service we get here in Brazil.
0 Likes
MahmoudMagdi
First Poster
Options
I ve the same problems my A30 doesn't charge ,

I must plug the charger then restart my phone then its charge but if I disconnect the charger while charging I must restart the phone again and its very slow it sometime tells me that it will take more than 22 hours to full  , and when I connect the phone to my computer it give me the massage that it cannot be recognized .

The phone is good and clean and I haven't change my charger .

Could any one tell me what's the problem ?
0 Likes
Hongying
First Poster
Options

I have different problem with charging. I started using this phone 4 months ago. It has been fine until recently charging does not start when cable connected to wall outlet or PC, and PC does not detect the device connected. Later I found out the charging starts if turn the power off. It keeps charging after I power it back on, but not if I disconnect the cable and connect back on. This happens consistently for the recent week or so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
MahmoudMagdi
First Poster
Options

The same of mine .

Try this it worked for me 

I ented to the safe mode and use my charger then i restart my phone to the normal mode and try the charger again it worked even if I disconnect the charger and plugged it again,

But the  unfortunate the problem may comeback after while 

0 Likes
wraguilar
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem after Android 10 update was applied. I have to turn off the phone and then connect the power supply and power on the phone again. It is the only way to charge my phone.

0 Likes