Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy a22 phone has suddenly no sound

(Topic created on: 30-12-2021 07:36 PM)
Members_y6ZDXTM
First Poster
Options

My phone has recently lost sound for ringtone, media etc. All the settings are correct. Does anyone have any ideas as to why. I have been advised to go reset back to factory settings but reluctant as not sure what I will lose. Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
When on the samsung members page
Click on the get help button
And run a diagnostic test speaker

Also go settings
Sounds and Vibration
Volume
And check volume levels
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you please do a soft reboot by turning your phone Off and then back On @Members_y6ZDXTM 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Members_48VwITO
First Poster
Options

Same cxxx here , that makes two of us.

I tried everything under the sun and the issue ks still not fixed.we need a new patch -software update- i believe to avoid a hard reset as annoingly the dont let you reinstall the software if it has failed to install properly

0 Likes
Richy6
First Poster
Options
I'm having exactly the same issue, nothing has resolved it. One minute sound was working fine. Locked my phone, went back to it 10 minutes later and no sound. Videos, music, ringtone, keyboard, lock sound, nothing. Ran through the diagnostics and every other fix except a factory reset. Help!!!
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Richy6: When you ran through the diagnostics in the Members app e.g. Speaker, could you hear the playback of the sample sounds? 

Have you tried heading to Settings > Sounds and vibration > Sound mode, and making sure that Sound is enabled? Also, tap on Volume, and make sure that your volume sliders are at a suitable level. 

To further troubleshoot the issue, please try restarting your phone in Safe Mode, as this will disable all third party apps, and help to determine if your problem is stemming from an external source. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode.

Try playing a media file, and check the audio levels. If it plays as expected, then please restart your phone as you would normally, and uninstall any apps that you have added since you first encountered the problem. 

0 Likes