Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy A21s model differences.

(Topic created on: 23-01-2021 11:53 AM)
grahamkeen1
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a Galaxy A21s and am based in the UK.

I've found two models, both stated as EU models with a two year warranty.

One model is SM-A217F/DS, which according to Google is an International model.

The other is SM-A217FZKNCAC and I can't find anything about this one.

Both are the same price and appear to be the same, but there must be a difference.

Can anyone tell me what those difference are and perhaps therefore, which one I should buy.

Thanks,

Graham.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
they do all have the same software, just some country carriers may have country-specific apps or services that may be not useful in others. Also there may be different networking software to take advantage of different band availabilities, but I am pretty sure a Europe phone has the same bands for a UK devicd

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
They seem to be the same. the first model number is the shortened version while the second is an extended version of that including the CSC, which is 'CAC', indicating it is a device with Uzbekistan software. The SM-A217F/DS is the exact same phone, just it might have another country's software which can only be determined by the CSC
0 Likes
grahamkeen1
First Poster
Options

Thank you. So I could buy either and get the same phone. I don't actually understand the "CSC" and "CAC" abbreviations.

0 Likes
grahamkeen1
First Poster
Options

So not all versions of the same phone actually are loaded with the same software, so the operating system is developed in parallel in multiple countries ten ?

0 Likes
Solution
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
they do all have the same software, just some country carriers may have country-specific apps or services that may be not useful in others. Also there may be different networking software to take advantage of different band availabilities, but I am pretty sure a Europe phone has the same bands for a UK devicd
0 Likes
grahamkeen1
First Poster
Options

Thank you very much for the explanation, Helpful.

0 Likes