Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A20 bluetooth issue

(Topic created on: 08-08-2020 08:19 PM)
wyrm
First Poster
Options

Since my wife and I switched to A20, the phone would drop bluetooth connection every minute or two.

The disconnection would stop Android Auto working which is a disaster when I am driving on Waze.

And it seems that A20 is not the only model affected, or just Samsung, the cause seems to be Android Pie.

https://piunikaweb.com/2019/05/10/android-pie-bluetooth-pairing-connectivity-issues-might-finally-be...

The good news is Google may already have fixed it (according to the article), the bad news is Samsung might be very slow applying the patch to their update.

So if anyone from Samsung is reading this community, can you tell me when I can get this thing fixed?

24 REPLIES 24
r3p3ntiv3
Apprentice
Options

I as well as everyone else am having major bluetooth problems since updating my galaxy a20 to android 10. The system is also slower and I get blacked out screens often with a number of apps that will crash and force me to pull my battery out. Seriously samsung? Between this and DISH network ruining boost I'm hit. Thanks! /s

0 Likes
r3p3ntiv3
Apprentice
Options

Install the Samsung Wearable App and leave your WIFI turned ON while connected to bluetooth and it'll magically work again! Let me know if it helps!

r3p3ntiv3
Apprentice
Options

Install the Samsung Wearable App and leave your WIFI turned ON while connected to bluetooth and it'll magically work again! Let me know if it helps! I just found this fix today when a friend let me know it helped him. I tried it and my bluetooth has gained all the signal strength it lost. I couldn't tell you why this works but beggars can't be choosers. Lol

UniqueM
First Poster
Options

Thank you sooo much!!! My galaxy buds+ kept having connection issues when it was in my pocket or a little further away when usually it works from much further. Leaving wifi on while having wearables installed made the galaxy buds range go back to normal so thanks again. Shame that I have to leave wifi on all the time now though

r3p3ntiv3
Apprentice
Options

You're welcome! Yeah what's weird is I turned my wifi off some time ago and it still works! It must be the wearable app needing to be on the phone. Someone told me on Reddit and I had to share. I tried replying to each person but it says I'm spam posting. Hopefully everyone sees this fix for the bluetooth issue.

0 Likes
AbrahamB
Student
Options

Thank you!!! This worked for me too, thanks for sharing it!

0 Likes
Ragingon
First Poster
Options

I have the same Bluetooth range issue after the android 10 update. What I've found is if I have wifi (connected to internet) or location turned on, the Bluetooth range works great. The wearable app is not necessary to increase the Bluetooth range. turn off both wifi and location and the range sucks. Priory to the update, the range was just fine without wifi and location turned on. My question is why do either have to be turned on for the Bluetooth range to work properly? Bluetooth is it's own connection and does not need wifi or location to work properly. This really sucks and makes me feel like a big brother issue from corporations just to get more of my information. This is being forced upon us to use the devices that we've bought. I haven't seen a fix for it yet or any attempt. No one from Samsung has responded to anyone on this thread yet. can anyone explain the reason this has changed? or give a solution without installing more unnecessary tracking software?

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Got this phone 8 months ago.  I've been having this same problem for the last two months.  I had noted that it worked fine on WiFi myself, and thought that meant the phone was having a problem with its service.  After reading this thread I went for a run.  I tried my Ahadu earbuds instead of the Aeropex Aftershokz I normally used.  I tried it with and without location on .  Without, the same stuttering occurred.  Turned the location on (an unnecessary drain on the battery) and like magic it worked just like it used to.  

Couple this with the fact that the Galaxy Wearable app refuses to work right unless you give it full access to your location and the trend seems to be clear.  Samsung has decided it has the right to your location, and they will force you to waste extra power just to keep tabs on you.  I even contacted Samsung support about this.  The woman at the other end tried to tell me that location was how the phone knew where the bluetooth device was.  She seemed flummoxed when I asked her why it had never needed it before.

A friend of mine has the S10.  He asked me why it wasn't a problem on his.  My guess is that Samsung is testing this on their lesser platforms before rolling it out to the flagship phones.

Yep, Samsung, you've got another couple months to fix this.  By then I'll have enough money to get me a nice new Xperia.  One thing is certain, I'll not be buying Samsung anything from then on.

A once proud owner of 3 Samsung phones, 3 Samsung TVs and a Samsung Sport smart watch.

0 Likes
Pupsta
First Poster
Options

I found the solution: you keep your wifi on and it fixes it entirely!

0 Likes
49ergrl73
Student
Options

It didn't work for me.  I was told to do a factory reset. So for what I see, I would gave to do a factory reset on my phone EVERY time theres an update. 

Samsung needs to fix this problem.

0 Likes