Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A14 issues

(Topic created on: 28-03-2023 05:38 AM)
hanban0
First Poster
Options
If anyone else has a galaxy a14 or have had the same issues can I get some advice? The only way I can explain it is randomly my phone will just stop working completely, I have no way to unlock it, restart it or turn it off because it doesn't register my fingerprint or tells me the pattern is incorrect when I know 100% it isn't. My partner reckons it might be a software issue since the phone is newly released however I just wanted to see if anyone else has had similar issues. Thanks!

Update: I sent that phone back and got a new one the issue was resolved however I don't know if this is to do with that I've dropped it a few times, but sometimes this phone won't register I'm typing, but other than that, the whole unlocking isn't an issue 
40 REPLIES 40
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @hanban0 

The issue could be software based or indeed hardware based.

It could also be an app , theme , app via an apk or the back up you may have used to set up your phone.

How long have you owned the phone may I ask ?

You could try these generic troubleshooting guides if you can get back into your phone.

Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

>

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

If they do not help you then back up and Factory Reset.

But.... when re setting the phone back up don't use the back up you've created just incase something in that js causing conflict.

If you can't get into your phone and all has failed then use a Samsung Service Centre and or contact your region's Samsung Support Team. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Digital_Cat
First Poster
Options

My wife has the same problem - this morning the A14 won't unlock, using fingerprint or PIN. Impossible to switch off or restart (both actions need PIN). We only set the phone up last night and know for sure what PIN we used but it won't recognise it. Holding down power button has no effect. I read that it might be possible to unlock using her Samsung account but unfortunately she doesn't know her password and the 'forgot password" function sends a code to her phone, which she can't unlock...

Members_2xOMtNj
Explorer
Options

I have a similar problem .  Purchased the phone last tuesday, since i have been using apps like Netflix,  Disney and my local streaming apps got this problem . 3 times while wanting to use Netflix the phone just shut off en restarted.  Now i see a error code on the streaming apps.  But when i have tried them some time later when i want to use the phone my pin  is not recognized  . The only way i can get it on again is  pushing the power button and volume down button at the same time. The phone restarts and then the pin is ok again. Chatted with customer support , they do not know anything about it . But i saw in my region 3 reactions of people on a review site and also on netflix reviews they have the same problem . My guess it is the android 13 version and the oneui 5.1 that is causing this problem .

Members_2xOMtNj
Explorer
Options

Try to press  power button and volume down together,  works for my phone

EJC
First Poster
Options
I'm having the exact same problem. Got the phone on Sunday, all was fine until Wednesday, woke up and incorrect pass code and no fingerprint recognition. A hard reset that night thought that would be it but now one day later same issue. It won't remote unlock either.
Members_2xOMtNj
Explorer
Options

I have contacted samsung about the problem , i can bring bring the phone to z service center , but i think i will wait ..they suggested to make an error report , did that . Maybe that will help , an expert wil look at the problem .

domedelsi84
Student
Options

Same issue here. The only solution I found is to disable fingerprint unlock and remove the saved fingerprint. For what I ve tested, seems that this problems comes up anytime after the use of the fingerprint sensor. 

Hope someone will fix this asap

deflox
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issue as the others describe here. I am 100% sure I am entering the correct unlock pattern but my phone does not let me unlock anymore. I had that already once but then I assumed I was wrong... I had no other option than to remotely reset my phone and setup again. Does anyone know if there's a solution without resetting?

StephieG
First Poster
Options
I've got same issue.
Phone arrived Tuesday all working absolutely fine until yesterday (Saturday 1st April). It then randomly stopped recognising my fingerprint and pattern code.
Only way to fix it was hard reset, hold down both volume and power buttons. This resolved the issue until this morning (Sunday 2nd April) when it has done exactly same thing again!

Again hard reset has resolved situation but I don't expect to buy a new phone for it to keep breaking and I have to keep hard resetting it! Feeling rather frustrated tbh

How do I log a ticket as I would happily do this to resolve the situation. I expect a new phone to actually work!