Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A13

(Topic created on: 17-09-2022 12:25 AM)
petug
Journeyman
Options
SD card stuck on 20% formatting also can't side swipe in settings > device care > storage.
Any ideas ?
11 REPLIES 11
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Try removing the sd card and gently wipe the contacts , reinsertnand try again @petug 

Hopefully the sd card isn't corrupted / faulty.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
petug
Journeyman
Options
Thank you so much for reply, tried that I also tried taking it out and putting it in my laptop but even windows wouldn't format it. I guess I've got a dud. I'll search my old camera stuff to see if I've got another card to try.
0 Likes
petug
Journeyman
Options
Hi there.
Well I found an old sd card tried that no problems so I'm guessing my original (newly purchased) card was indeed corrupted. Just so everyone is aware it was a Samsung Evo plus card that was faulty think I'll stick to SanDisk in future. Anyway thank you for your help.
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I sympathise with you, i have a Samsung galaxy A13 and am having problems opening some apps 4 months after buying it. I came on here a couple of days ago and saw a message from someone who is having the same problems as me, unfortunately i have been unable to find that post again, if anyone see's a post about someone having problems with a galaxy A13 and apps please could you let me know , I hope you are able to resolve your issue with your SD card
0 Likes
petug
Journeyman
Options
Thanks Bev54 yes aĺl sorted now sd card (old one) works fine although I'm still slightly annoyed at the Samsung one I purchased. Everything seems to be working fine on my a13 alot of stuff I'm still getting used to, coming from iPhone to android is a bit of a learning curve. What specifically are you having trouble with I only ask as I might have come across it when setting my phone up.
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Hi petug I am happy that you managed to sort your issue out with your SD card. In the past I've always purchased Samsung Galaxy S range refurbished and never had one problem. Last year I decided to buy a Galaxy A12 new you and never had any issues with it apart from it never lit up when a text message came through. So this year I thought I will buy an A13, I bought my a 35 months ago and had no issues with it it until approximately 8 weeks ago it's stopped allowing me to open my electricity app and about 3 weeks ago it's stopped allowing me to open my EE app, I have spoken to the technical support team twice 2-days ago and have not been able to resolve this issue, I also noticed two days ago somebody posted a post saying they had a Galaxy A13 and was having trouble opening apps. I hope that you don't have any of these issues with your phone.
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Meant to write I bought my A13 5 months ago
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Meant to write I bought my A13 t months ago
0 Likes
petug
Journeyman
Options
Hi Bev54.
That sounds a pain I do sympathise with you.
I don't use the apps you speak about, but I am a stickler for optimising the phone as well as checking the memory status and running the virus detector. I'm not suggesting that will help you but you never know. I usually start by restarting the phone then go into battery and device care in settings app to do the rest. Also might be worth running the diagnostic check. I do hope you get it sorted.