Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A13 4G Google Pay Not Working

(Topic created on: 02-06-2022 11:08 AM)
BearingBrunt
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

My sister recently bought a Galaxy A13 - I had checked for her it was a NFC enabled handset as she wanted to use Google Pay. However after setting up Google Pay she tried to use it in store & it wouldn't work.

Unfortunately she lives some distance from me therefore I have to help her troubleshoot via telephone. I am not sure what the issue is but when I have asked her to check in the phones settings there does not seem to be anything in reference to NFC (or contactless payments) & there is no NFC toggle in quick settings ?? 

I know she previously used a Samsung A10 and transferred data from that when she bought the A13 using smart switch, I'm not sure if that could have messed anything up anything with the A13's software or not.

I double checked to ensure the A13 4G does come with NFC and according to Samsung UK it does. The model number on box is SM-A135F

Any help or advice appreciated as other than restoring the handset to factory settings I am kinda stumped 

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Where did she buy it from and what's the service provider software version? Essentially you are looking for a potential mismatch between where the phone is configured for and the country she lives in. In theory Google Pay is not as sensitive to that as Samsung Pay though. She will need to make sure both the phone and apps are fully updated.
BearingBrunt
Apprentice
Options

Hi, she bought it via eBay UK, 1 month old about a week ago.

The Service provider software version is:

SAOMC_SMA135F_OJM_LYS_12_0004 LYS/LYS,LYS/MID/LYS

Since you mentioned this, I looked into what this actually is & from what I have found the country code for this phone is United Arab Emirats ? Am I correct in this? 

0 Likes
BearingBrunt
Apprentice
Options

I have contact Samsung UK via twitter to confirm the country of origin of this handset & they have confirmed it's not intended for use within the UK. As such any UK warranty is also void. 

As I bought this for her via my eBay using PayPal & my credit card I'll raise a return & refund with the seller /  eBay directly. 

Thanks for you help 

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Yes, unfortunately. Good luck with the eBay refund claim process
0 Likes