Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy A10 lock/unlock button

(Topic created on: 01-12-2019 12:57 PM)
ardeley
First Poster
Options

I want to set a sound for when I press the lock/unlock button. How do I do this?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@ardeley: Please go to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > System Sounds and Vibration > Screen Lock Sound > On. I hope this helps.
0 Likes
ardeley
First Poster
Options

Andrew

Thanks for your suggestion. That setting was already On, but no sound. Just to be sure, I turned it Off and On again - still no sound.

0 Likes
Solution
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Right! Now head to: Settings > Sounds and vibration > Volume > Make sure System's volume is high enough. Also, from Sounds and Vibration > System sounds > Toggle on Touch sound. Does it help? 

0 Likes
ardeley
First Poster
Options

Carlo

Thanks for further help: System volume was indeed ultra-low, and I have now increased it and produced an audible sound! Thanks, I shall mark you message as the Solution, though at the same time I would warn that System sounds -> Touch sound does not affect this particular operation.

Which leads to my next question: can I change this sound? I have been able to import sound-files for various app sounds, but I can't see any way to use an imported sound for the lock/unlock action (note my change of description - I find that the unlock sound comes not when the unlock button is pressed, but when the number-code or other security has successfully unlocked the device).

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Glad it helped. About your second question, I have an A10 myself and played around to figure this out and I cannot see a way to change the sound of "System Sounds". The only way I think this can be done is via a third party app from Google Play Store that offers this feature :thinking-face:

0 Likes