Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A10 color temprature

(Topic created on: 03-11-2019 06:18 PM)
DanRad
First Poster
Options

I bought Galaxy A10 yesterday and while it is a nice phone, I don't like the screen at all. Colors look very washed out and unlike other Galaxy phones with an OLED display, my A10 doesn't have any "Screen Mode" in the Display section of settings to at least change the temperature to my own liking or at least I haven't been able to find such option. There is one option in Developer settings where you can enable sRGB but in A10 it doesn't work. After I enable it, as soon as I leave the screen and go back, the toggle has turned off on its own. And enabling it has no effect either.

Is there any way at all to adjust the color temperature of this phone?

And no, returning the phone is not an option. Unfortunately in my country, they only accept a refund if there's something physically wrong with the phone. And I know it's a cheap 120$ phone but in my country and with my salary 120$ is almost a month's worth of my salary. At this point, I wish I had bought a Huawei phone.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
You might be able to change the color scheme using a third party app or a custom launcher :smiling-face:

0 Likes
DanRad
First Poster
Options
Well that's the thing. I'm asking if you know of any app that can do this.
0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
I did some searching for you, I can't vouch for the app myself but it looks like its the thing you are searching for :smiling-face:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.halfcycle.cc&hl=en

0 Likes
DanRad
First Poster
Options

That's not what I'm looking for but thanks. These apps just apply a filter over the display and don't change the color saturation. I'm looking for something like "Splendid" app on Asus devices, or "Screen mode" on Samsung devices where I can manually change the color temperature and not just apply a filter over the screen. 

I'm really curious to know why Samsung didn't put the same"Screen Mode" app on this device as well. This is the first time I've seen a Galaxy device that doesn't have it. 

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

It's because for some reason Samsung disabled changing the screen colours on phones with an LCD screen like the a10. 

0 Likes
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
Screen mode is actually inside the settings for me on my S9+ (It isn't an app).

That said, it might be disabled due to hardware limitations.
0 Likes
Kosta1
First Poster
Options

Same here bro .. the colors look really faded . If you manage to find any way to fix this please tell me .

0 Likes
DanRad
First Poster
Options

There are none. Samsung could have easily added the option.

There's one app that might work، I've forgotten its name and it needs root acces which I'm not willing to do.

The other way is to root the device and use a custom kernel which then again  I'mnot willing to do.

It's really weird since this has literally no cost for Samsung and all the other brands like Xiaomi and Huawei offer these features. No reason why Samsung wouldn't.

0 Likes