Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A10 and Covid Exposure Notifications

(Topic created on: 21-10-2020 05:31 AM)
spo
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy A10 and up to date software. I have the correct Covid tracing app, also up to date. When I go to:

Settings>Google>Covid-19 exposure notifications and then select to view my Exposure checks, the phone restarts, and I get the 'Samsung' screen before coming back to the home screen. I know someone else with the same phone who has exactly the same issue.

I have tried contacting Google (who blame the app manufacturers), the app manufacturers (who don't seem to know), and finally Samsung live chat whose advice was:

1. keep the app turned off

2. this is how is is supposed to work (which is rubbish as I have seen it working on other people's devices without shutting down).

Has anyone else had this problem and have a fix?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

We have the Track and Trace app in the UK which seems to work well @spo 

Try clearing the cache and or data of the app in Settings, app, choose the app, storage and clear cache there.

If this was me I'd also contact the app developer via any contact info in the app or in the Playstore section where the app is.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @spo , yes agree you could clear the relevant cache,data.   However the Covid app will work perfectly well in the background.  Not sure where you are located but all the Uk apps work much the same.  https://covid19.nhs.uk/android-download-guide/steps 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Anything-good
First Poster
Options
Sorry for hijacking this thread but I'm hoping somebody can help me,I have bought a new phone for my Mother to allow her to use the track and trace app

It is a brand new Samsung A10,I have installed the app and filled in all of the relevant details however the "Check into venue" displays a screen saying not supported on this phone

I also have a Samsung A10 and the app works perfectly!

I have updated all of the software on the new phone so as they match 1 another exactly but this made no difference I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but this also made no difference

I'm not sure what else to try at this point and really hope somebody can help

Is there anything else anybody can suggest? Grateful for any tips 
0 Likes