Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint non working on Samsung A22 5G

(Topic created on: 22-12-2022 04:25 AM)
MatteoCipolla
First Poster
Options

Hi, i have recentrly bought (3 months ago) a Samsung A22 5G, everything was going fine untill a cuple of days ago when i noticed that my fingerprint system was not working anymore. I tried to access the settings of it and at first nothing seemed wrong, despite the fact that it was not feeling my finger on the device. After a restart i tried going through the settings again and it didnt ever let me access to them, with a popup error saying "the fingerprint sensor is not working, if the problem persists restart your phone" (traslated). Needless to say that restarting my phone didnt help at all. 

I hope someone can help me with this, thanks for your time, have a good day.

10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try clicking on the get help button
At bottom of the samsung members page and run a diagnostic test Finger print
0 Likes
Trev_A
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem which started after the last software update. Tried the sensor diagnostic and no response to it.

0 Likes
Trev_A
First Poster
Options

OK. rebooting fixed it.

0 Likes
Jamaican
First Poster
Options

Sigh, same thing for me 

0 Likes
Trev_A
First Poster
Options
Good news for me. A reboot after a few days and I think a software update in the backgroud cured the problem
0 Likes
Shreya Desai
First Poster
Options

Not For me 

0 Likes
PeteSa
Student
Options

I am having the same problem - when it first didn't recognise my fingerprint, it let me access my saved fingerprints, but could not remove or replace them.  Then on a reboot, all access to the fingerprints was no longer possible with the error "the fingerprint sensor is not working, if the problem persists restart your phone"

It now does this on every reboot/power on/off attempts.

PeteSa
Student
Options
As suggested, i accessed the "checks/actions" but none of these applied to when you cannot even get into the scanner. I also accessed "Samsung Members app > Support > Phone diagnostics > Fingerprint scanner." but there was no fingerprint scanner option as it is not functioning...
Some1too
Journeyman
Options

Exactly what i'm facing. about a month ago it worked with some restarts but now restarting does not work. what should i do?!

0 Likes