Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint Lock Galaxy A40

(Topic created on: 11-10-2020 12:48 PM)
Wingfston
Journeyman
Options

I have a Galaxy A40 with a non-functioning screen. It does have a tiny crack in the top right but it can barely be seen. I don't think that is the issue. The screen just stopped functioning one day. The handset has never been dropped and is in perfect condition other than this barely perceptible crack. I want to sell it as spares or repair. But, if it is repaired it will need factory resetting. Is that even possible? If the fingerprint can be circumvented to reset then the data on the phone can be accessed. I have several accounts accessible if that happens and it would be better to keep the handset as an expensive paperweight. 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Have you tried the power button and volume down button to rest the phone to see what happens
0 Likes
Wingfston
Journeyman
Options

I am not able to see what happens as the screen does not work.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Wingfston: If your screen is completely unresponsive then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below, where an advisor will be able to assist you further, and arrange any necessary repairs. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Wingfston
Journeyman
Options

The screen shows a patch of striated blue light. It may be responding but I cannot know. It has already been to a Samsung repair facility. They refused to discuss anything with me, ignored all emails, did not call me when they said they would and sent the handset back unrepaired. My argument is that the minuscule crack in the screen is not the fault. But no one would discuss.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Wingfston: Sorry to hear that. Our engineers, as part of the inspection process, must address any identified issues to ensure they aren't a contributing factor, and to prevent further issues from arising. With this in mind, if there is a crack on the screen, then this would need to be repaired along with the reported issue in order to bring the device back into warranty. 

0 Likes
lucia192020
Journeyman
Options
oh same to me also
0 Likes
Wingfston
Journeyman
Options

I wanted to discuss it because if the crack in the screen was not the cause of the failure, then it would have at least partly have been covered by warranty. The screen did not fail after a drop or jolt or anything. The phone is in perfect condition other than the barely perceptible crack. But Samsung, like everyone else, see damage and immediately void the warranty. I have had this twice before. My lad smashed his screen and a year later the headphone socket packed up. Clearly unrelated but Samsung would not touch it. Two years before that, Samsung refused a warranty repair as they said it was water damage. The phone had never been near water. No evidence of ingress and the photo showed a microscopic burn mark buried deep within the unit. Obviously, this was present in the phone when purchased. But again-no warranty repair. I can see a pattern forming with Samsung. I don't think I will be buying the brand in future.

0 Likes
billyb123
Explorer
Options
get screen fixed
0 Likes
Wingfston
Journeyman
Options

Ooh, now why didn't I think of that?

0 Likes