Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint Lock Galaxy A40

(Topic created on: 12-10-2020 07:41 PM)
Wingfston
Journeyman
Options

I have a Galaxy A40 with a non-functioning screen. It does have a tiny crack in the top right but it can barely be seen. I don't think that is the issue. The screen just stopped functioning one day. The handset has never been dropped and is in perfect condition other than this barely perceptible crack. I want to sell it as spares or repair. But, if it is repaired it will need factory resetting. Is that even possible? If the fingerprint can be circumvented to reset then the data on the phone can be accessed. I have several accounts accessible if that happens and it would be better to keep the handset as an expensive paperweight. 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
Wingfston
Journeyman
Options

Andrew, as you appear to be part of the Samsung organisation maybe you could get my question answered. Could a third party replace my screen, circumvent the fingerprint lock and access the data on it? I don't want to know how. Just if it is possible.

0 Likes
sharpleopard
Explorer
Options
if your selling it as it is you can use find my samsung on another device to erase your data and remove your samsung account if that helps
Wingfston
Journeyman
Options

Thank you, I will give that a try. I assume it has to be another Samsung

0 Likes
sharpleopard
Explorer
Options
no can be accessed on any device phone, laptop, pc or tablet
at https://findmymobile.samsung.com
0 Likes
sharpleopard
Explorer
Options
ohh and you would also need to go on to your Google account to remove that off the phone aswell before you sell
0 Likes
Wingfston
Journeyman
Options

Ah, this says that you have to be signed into your Samsung account on the phone... Oh well.

0 Likes
sharpleopard
Explorer
Options
if your not signed in am sure that's fine then as when u sign out am sure it removes the account aswell. now you would just need to check if your still signed in on your Google account
0 Likes
sharpleopard
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
sharpleopard
Explorer
Options
so if your not signed in on the phone u should be fine just check your Google account online and see if your still connected to the phone
0 Likes
Wingfston
Journeyman
Options

The trouble is there are a whole lot of saved passwords on it. I really need to be able to know they can't be accessed if it is repaired. Otherwise I will keep it as a very expensive paperweight.

0 Likes