Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finger print unlock

(Topic created on: 13-12-2020 05:25 AM)
wsimps1875
First Poster
Options
Absolutely useless doesnt work at all, pointless having it, on my old iPhone 7, I never had any problems, im on a Samsung galaxy a41. Please get it sorted samsung 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
when you register your finger register it atleast twice on the same finger
0 Likes
Albannach
First Poster
Options
I use finger print recognition all day, everyday, on my A20e. I find that it does not like wet hands or if you change the finger print with manual work scratching and scoring the finger. I like the system. I simply got used to its limitation
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@wsimps1875 

When setting up take x3 scans with each thumb and then rotate the phone around when taking further prints of each thumb so your phone can read both thumbs from the same finger print scan. Scan your prints as you would normally hold the phone.

Also using two fingers when setting up one fingerprint works pretty well.

Go into Settings . Biometrics and Security.  Biometrics Preferences . Turn Off Screen Transition Effect.

Then go into Settings and search for Optomise Battery Usage. Tap in Optimise  Battey Usage  tap to show All and scroll down to com.samsung.android.biom and toggle Off

For me this improved the fps on my Note.

I also have dry skin on my fingers and so find it sometimes beneficial to moisten my fingertip by breathing on it before unlocking the phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "