Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast charging not fast!

(Topic created on: 12-08-2022 01:57 PM)
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Since the recent Android update my A22 5G takes about four times longer to charge, even though it says it's fast charging. Diagnostics say the battery is fine. Anyone else seen this?
15 REPLIES 15
SSK18
Student
Options
Hello Ray....yes I am experiencing the same. I received my phone realised the same happening with charging.
Ray42
Voyager
Options
A quick search shows there are dozens and dozens of people with the same fault...🥴
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi all, if you have checked the diagnostics firstly check that all your aps are up to date.

An idea to try a Forced restart ,press and hold the Power key and the Volume down key simultaneously for more than 7 seconds.  If possible try another charger but may not be an option.If not resolved could  enter Safe Mode, Press and hold the Power key,Tap and hold The Power off icon until  Displayed.  No access to 3rd part apps here. More information https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

However may be advisable to wipe the cache partition which clears temporary files but keeps Data intact by following steps.

1. Turn off the device.
2.  Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key (plus Bixby Key if phone has one)
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Should not need to connect to computer in A series.

I know that a  few  Members who had problems with charging found this fixed the issue.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
Ive been having this issue with my s21 ultra for a few weeks now. The most recent update hasn't done anything to improve things.
Ray42
Voyager
Options
I've tried your suggestion but I won't be able to check that it's worked until tomorrow, as the phone is still 97% charged. The big sign will be if it gets warm.
SSK18
Student
Options
Actually have tried and restarted my phone twice and it seems my phone gets warmer when it's on charging. Shall keep checking on, as I have my phone just couple of days now. So let's see what happens next. 🙃
0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
No, clearing the cache has made no difference. Just connected to the charger 70% charge, says it's going to take 2 hours to full! Definitely caused by the update, not at pleased 😡
0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Oh, and it's stone cold.
0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options

I connected to Samsung Live Chat to try to sort this, and I was advised to try charging in Safe Mode - that made no difference. I was then advised to remove any apps I'd recently installed - I haven't installed any new apps for at least a couple of months. This fault DEFINITELY started when I updated to Android 12, it can't be just a coincidence. Please get this sorted Samsung, losing Fast Charging is a real nuisance.

0 Likes