Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FALSE 'device overheating' warning

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 03:42 PM)
Rakesh3
First Poster
Options
After the latest software update from samsung on 09.08.2020, my a50 is showing a warning 'device overheating'. The phone is not hot at all. And it would automatically close some apps abruptly after this warning. Once it got powered off automatically, and wouldn't turn on. So I did force start, removed cache partition afterwards, but the problem persists. Any advice please?
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Rakesh3 ,

can I ask if the phone has been near water or any other liquids? Are you able to check the Liquid Indicator: This is located inside the SIM tray slot, below the SIM frame, and is visible when the tray is removed from the device.

Dragos54
First Poster
Options

Hi TessM,

I am a Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite user that is experiencing the same 'Device Overheating' issue as the user above. I did happen to drop my phone in water, but that was more than a week before the aforementioned issues started. It was underwater for a max 2 seconds and I dried it thoroughly immediately afterwards. I just checked the Liquid Indicator you mentioned above and it doesn't show signs of damage (the are pink Xs on a white background instead of a red smudge). However, could the water still be the reason for the false overheating warnings I am getting now? Thanks!

0 Likes