Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake galaxy a12 update

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 04:50 PM)
paranoidandroid1
Apprentice
Options
I had a prompt for a software update which filled the whole screen.Feburary 20th. Im on auto update .Should this just download without clicking on anything???Completely worried it was a scam.Surely if on auto I shouldn't have to click on anything to update
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
paranoidandroid1
Apprentice
Options
If I have my phone on auto update will I still be prompted to download updates on the home screen
0 Likes
norbi18092007
Journeyman
Options
yes you will
paranoidandroid1
Apprentice
Options
On the 20th Feb I had an update prompt which filled the whole screen even though I'm on auto update.Is this a scam
Ive already downloaded it.
99kingcone
Pathfinder
Options
Well I don't think that you're paranoid, I got an email yesterday, supposed to be from Samsung, but the heading of the email somehow didn't look right, so I never opened the email, as you might be opening a virus, so I just deleted it, better safe than sorry
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@paranoidandroid1: If you have Auto Download Over Wi-Fi enabled then this will download the update automatically, however you are required to manually install it via a prompt in the drop down notification panel. There should also be a little rectangle with an arrow, I believe, in your Status Bar at the top of the screen, which is also visible on the lock screen. I hope this helps. 

TechnologyExpert
First Poster
Options

Install from official samsung always.If you have extra devices to use,turn off the Samsung WiFi if you have extra devices and want to avoid it,but im not responsible,if it shows google pages still,at least the pop ups arent allowed due to wifi off.Turn on safe mode and restart or use an antivirus program like McAfee,Norton and remember dont install any fake antivirus.

0 Likes