Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset a20e ..i need help please! X

(Topic created on: 17-08-2020 02:52 PM)
Tracy3103
Explorer
Options

I have backed everything up to Samsung cloud and backed up my google account,  but after reset, how do I get my backed up stuff back on to my phone??

And also will my apps and accounts re appear once I factory reset and restore all my backed up stuff to my phone?

Will my phone go back to how it was with all of my stuff on it? Everything?

I'm only factory resting because since software update my screen suddenly has vertical lines on it and is all fuzzy.

Sorry for all of the questions,  I'm not good with technology 

Thanks for any help.

Tracy

1 REPLY 1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Tracy3103 wrote:

I have backed everything up to Samsung cloud and backed up my google account,  but after reset, how do I get my backed up stuff back on to my phone??

And also will my apps and accounts re appear once I factory reset and restore all my backed up stuff to my phone?

Will my phone go back to how it was with all of my stuff on it? Everything?

I'm only factory resting because since software update my screen suddenly has vertical lines on it and is all fuzzy.

Sorry for all of the questions,  I'm not good with technology 

Thanks for any help.

Tracy

Hi @Tracy3103 It will not happen automatically.  Assuming every thing  you need is backed up you can then safely do a Factory Reset.

You will need to restore your Data,  Back Up and Restore Data- Restore Data for your Samsung Account and choose the last Back up (if there is more than one)

For The Google Account, Back up and Restore- Google Account, tap Automatic switch when an app is reinstalled.

More is explained in article, I believe your Device should at least be running Android Pie .https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/backing-up-and-restoring-data-on-my-galaxy/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.