Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook

(Topic created on: 22-11-2020 10:02 AM)
Marchy23
Pioneer
Options
Why can't I uninstall  Facebook on my A51. I have a fault with Facebook but can't  get rid of it then reinstall  it. If it's  disabled it just stops it running rather than deleting it and starting again. Come on Samsung why did you pre-install this app and not let us get rid of it.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately it's a baked in app but I agree with you @Marchy23 that if a person prefers to use Facebook Lite or access Facebook via a browser url instead of the Facebook app then it should be uninstallable !

There are package uninstallers in the Playstore that may help but be very careful with what you do on your phone with it.

Personally I use the Facebook App but it's also set to Deep sleep as I don't need the almost continuous notifications from the app !

May I ask what “ fault  ” your experiencing with your Facebook App ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Marchy23
Pioneer
Options
Hi to you again. My screen keeps on freezing when I comment on posts. I keep pressing the back button and nothing happens. if I press my home key it will eventually take me to home screen but my keyboard remains on the home screen for about ten minutes then it eventually disappears. its really winding me up. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Fortunately I've no such issues with my Facebook App @Marchy23 

Is this happening while your on mobile data or Home Wi-Fi or both  ? If on mobile data what's your connection i.e 3G,  4G etc.

One option is settings , apps, Facebook, storage and clear cache and then data if you feel necessary.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Marchy23
Pioneer
Options
Thanks again, its on wifi at home. I will try your suggestion. Thanks again and fingers crossed.