Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eye comfort shield has stopped working

(Topic created on: 04-12-2022 08:01 AM)
kate179
Apprentice
Options
Hi,

I've always had the eye comfort shield activated on my A52s 5G and for some reason, since updating to Android 13, it isn't working. 

I have adjusted the settings, adjusted the temperature, set 'sleep mode' and reset my accessibility settings hoping it would work. It hasn't.

I haven't got any other accessibility settings activated e.g. colour inversion or colour correction.

Any advise would be great.
Thanks in advance.
23 REPLIES 23
AndrewL
Options

@kate179: For clarity, is the Eye comfort shield setting not working when you manually enable it, or is the scheduling feature not working as expected. If you head to Settings > Display > Eye comfort shield > Toggle it on, then adjust the colour temperature slider, does the colour adjust accordingly. The slider defaults to a middle position, which represents the standard colour balance, however if you move it left or right you should notice that the tone gets cooler when moved to the left, or warmer when moved to the right. 

Blum29
Voyager
Options

Hello, I have the same problem on my A52 5G - I had eye comfort shield ALWAYS ON since I've bought the phone last year, and it was working just fine until 3 days ago... after I upgraded at Android 13 (Build Number: A526BXXU1DVK2) at random times the shield fails - it appears to be ON, but it does not working, nor if I toggle it OFF/ON - only works after restarting the phone, but not for long....

Blum29
Voyager
Options

Hello again! I have news😀. I asked Samsung support about this issue and the answer was that I should reset to factory settings 😬 (after backup, of course) and then, if I still have problems, to contact them again.... I didn't have time to do that yet, so I don't know if the factory reset solves this issue...

kate179
Apprentice
Options
Hey, thanks for the update but I've already tried it and I'm still having the same issue 😩
Sashina
First Poster
Options
I am having exactly the same issue as OP. Moving the slider does not change the colour temperature at all, nor turning Eye Comfort Shield on or off. Restarting the phone made no difference either.
I find using the phone without it very uncomfortable.
TabzieCat
First Poster
Options
I have the same thing, it seems to be whenever I have put it on charge that the shield 'dies', and only happened since the update the other day 😡
Members_sZRtk1Z
Student
Options

Exact same issue here. I have the same phone and the issue started after the update a few days back. The eye comfort shield is working some of the time and then suddenly the colour temperature changes. The setting is still set to on. I used to have it on at all times and it's still set to that. I tried changing the temperature (and of course turning the setting as well as the phone off and back on again) but nothing helps.

When I adjust the colour temperature slider nothing happens, the colour temperature stays the same (i.e. with a bright blue ish hue that hurts my eyes).

kate179
Apprentice
Options
Now you've mentioned it, it has only been happening since I installed the penultimate update.
Members_3SOxquX
First Poster
Options

A53 5G user here. I have the same problem. Eye comfort shield isn't working regularly. This is a newly purchased phone, updated to Android 13. I am trying to use the phone with eye comfort shield always on, but after a few minutes it stops working at all. Moving the "Color temperature" slider does not help, nothing happens. Every time this occurs I have to restart the phone to enable the shield again. This is a deal breaker for me, because I need to use the phone in very dark rooms. I am surprised that such a basic function is completely broken on a new device from a leading manufacturer. I read nothing about such issues in the reviews before the purchase. I've already played with a lot of settings etc. - no success.