Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Extending ringing time on my A52

(Topic created on: 13-06-2021 01:53 PM)
JJB
Pioneer
Options
Love my A52 5g, but it diverts to voice mail in 15 seconds. Usually by the time I hear it, and get it out of my pocket. I tried the you tube sequence which worked on my S8 fine, but doesn't work on A52? I contacted Samsung help who gave me the same codes, tried again, but no luck. They then told me to contact Vodafone, my network. Just spent 90 minutes on chat service, turning voice mail off , on again,off on. Trying **61*121*25#call many times, again and again, but just the same. Any other ideas please?!? Thanks 
12 REPLIES 12
Me21303
Journeyman
Options
Try **61*121**30#
0 Likes
JJB
Pioneer
Options
Thanks Me21303, just tried, but the same
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@JJB: As far as I'm aware you will need to speak with your network provider to increase the time it takes for your phone to ring through to voicemail. I understand you've been in touch previously, however there are no native options on the phone that can achieve this. 

0 Likes
JJB
Pioneer
Options
OK, thanks AndrewL
0 Likes
Solution
JJB
Pioneer
Options
SORTED!! I have just spent another 90 minutes on Vodafone chat as I can't speak to anyone. Did various reboots, voicemail off, on, off etc, But no improvement 😕. I then searched the Vodafone community and tried the following code which worked. **61*121*11*30#call.
Also discovered *#61# gives the time in secs before phone diverts to voicemail, so you can confirm the alteration 👍 😊
0 Likes
BarbyJo
Student
Options
Just got my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and this code hasn't worked. It says it has but when I check with the *#61# it still says 15 seconds instead of 30. Re started the phone and still no joy. It's driving me mad. I'm missing every call. Is it just this model phone as its seems to work for other people..help
0 Likes
JJB
Pioneer
Options

Hi BarbyJo,

I'm sorry this has not worked for you, and I know how frustrating it all is only too well!!

The network operators only seem to have one code which didn't work for me!

I tried many codes from Youtube, Google, etc before I stumbled across one that worked on my phone.

I don't know why there are different codes for various Samsung phones, but if you haven't already, do a Google search and several codes come up for your particular phone. Give these a go. The best of luck!

0 Likes
BarbyJo
Student
Options
Hi JJB thanks for taking the time to reply. I've googled and utubed and tried lots of combinations. The one you suggested seems to work for most people. I guess I'll have to speak to Vodafone my provider. I don't know why 15 seconds is the default. It might be OK for the youngsters who have their phones physical attached to them but not for a middle aged woman who has to rummage through her overfilled handbag to locate it. !
JJB
Pioneer
Options
Absolutely, should be 30 seconds!
0 Likes