Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error setting up email account

(Topic created on: 30-03-2024 10:44 AM)
Elawilt
Student
Options
Please can someone help with this? 
I'm having this error message pop up when trying to add an email account. The email address is correct and I can't see an option to access IMAP settings.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Rhysj
Pioneer
Options
The same thing happened to me when I tried to add my college account on there So I just used Gmail

IMAP is a service that allows you to read your emails without them being stored on your device, basically it lets you read them off of Samsung's servers

The issue I had with my college is that they only used Google servers so only Gmail worked

You could get in contact with whoever manages the account and see if they will grant IMAP access for Samsung servers for you

If it's your personal account then it would depend on how recent your tag (@xxxxx.com) is. If it's like yahoo or BT internet ect they might not be supporting the latest mail servers as it's too cost inefficient

I hope this helps!
0 Likes
Elawilt
Student
Options
Thank you! I did try Gmail too but this message came up. I tried BT too but I don't think my port code or port number is correct? Also don't know if BT accept email domains that aren't BT internet?
Glad of any help1711808123604.jpg
0 Likes