Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earphones for A53 5g - can't wear regular ear-canal type earbuds, any suggestions?

(Topic created on: 02-01-2023 04:06 PM)
BlueSkyes
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

I have recently bought a Samsung Galaxy A53 5g, and as the title says I cannot wear regular ear-canal-fitting earbuds that seem to be 'the norm' now.

I used to use 3.5mm jack earphones that are flat-faced and sit just inside the ear with no issue - however, the lack of a 3.5mm jack on the A53 5g (why, samsung? 3.5mm earphones are still a thing!) makes that impossible.

And so far, no matter how much I search, the only USB-C or Bluetooth Wireless ones I can find are designed to sit into the ear canal, and the way my ears are shaped makes that physically uncomfortable, ranging into downright painful at times.

I've never been able to get on with over-ear ones either, it usually feels like they are crushing my head. (I have multiple chronic health and sensitivity issues)

At the moment I am feeling very disappointed in the A53 5g for this reason, I (used to) listen to a lot of music and cannot currently find any earphones for it that I can actually use/wear, and obviously can't afford to keep buying earphones on the off chance they are wearable.

Thanks

Skye

5 REPLIES 5
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't know how we can help you, you don't like in ear and don't like headphones
0 Likes
AmberLouise
Navigator
Options
Have a look at beats studio buds.
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
You can get a 3.5mm to USB C adapter to use the 3.5mm quite cheaply, I think I paid about £4.00 for the one I use with my A53 from eBay.
Keri1990
Journeyman
Options

You can buy a connector that means you can still put any headphone jack headphones in there about 15£ to but online

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I also am not keen on the earbuds that push into the ear canal.

So I use Samsung Galaxy Buds Live earbuds. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes