Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earbuds Problem On Video Calls - Galaxy A52 5G

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 06:44 AM)
ZTD
Explorer
Options

Hi, This is my first android experience and there is something that really annoying me, can you help please.

My earbuds first generation connected to my mobile and I can listen to Spotify or YouTube and do the normal calls.

But when doing a video calls on any application (WhatsApp, Zoom, ToTok..etc), the voice will come out from speakers.

I tried the following to fix it till now and nothing worked:

1- checking settings. and resetting network settings, updating everything and updating earbuds as well

2- clear cache/data 

3- reset to factory settings, for the mobile and the buds

4- I tried to use my earbuds on other mobiles it works perfectly

5- I tried to use other earbuds on this mobile, it worked better that my galaxy but voice will be like electro-voice sometime

6- tried to connect using wearable or without.

7- I tried to turn off A2DP from developer menu

8- please don't give solution as "recharge earbuds for 10 min minimum" 

9- CS are not there for me, I hope we will fix this in this community :smiling-face:

8 REPLIES 8
CarlH
Options

Hi @ZTD. Are you using the Galaxy Buds or Gear IconX? 

0 Likes
ZTD
Explorer
Options

Hi @CarlH , I'm using Galaxy Buds first generation.

0 Likes
ZTD
Explorer
Options

Update: I tried the same Galaxy buds on Galaxy S10 mobile and it did the same on WhatsApp video call, the voice came from speakers. 

0 Likes
ZTD
Explorer
Options

Update 2, I tried with Galaxy S10 and different galaxy buds, it had the same issue. I contacted WhatsApp they request to contact the mobile manufacturer!!! 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Apologies if you've already tried this, but are there any settings in the apps themselves that need to be changed? 

0 Likes
Nikitosik
Student
Options

I have saem problem, it would be nice if someone found solution

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ZTD @Nikitosik: With your Buds connected, head to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > Tap the cog symbol to the right of the Buds, and make sure that Calls and Media are both toggled on. Now, head to Settings > Apps > WhatsApp (as an example) > Permissions, and allow all permissions. Furthermore, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom using two fingers while WhatsApp is open > Media, and make sure that your Buds are selected, and the volume slider is at a suitable level. As suggested by @CarlH it is also worth checking the in-app settings for any audio output options while on video calls. 

Nikitosik
Student
Options

Thank you for suggestion! It helped a lot!

I have used swipe down functionality and selected "media output" - "setting" - "separate app sound"  and selected bluetooth for both options. Then my whats up started playing audio into my earbuds!!! Very pleased now!

0 Likes