Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloaded software update now I have rapid battery drain even when running on Safe Mode

(Topic created on: 25-04-2022 11:36 PM)
GodChick4Ever
Student
Options

Hey Samsung!

I downloaded the latest software on Friday 18th March and have had rapid battery drain ever since! When oh when are you going to give your users an opportunity to undo a software update!?  

It's definitely the update that's caused the issue as I have run my device in safe mode and have still lost 12% battery in 50 mins!  (A full charge use to last me approx 24hrs!)

What are you planning to do about it?

(Version installed: A505FNXXU9CVB1 / A505FNOXM9CVB1 / A505FXXU9CVA5 Security patch level: 1 February 2022)

Can you please reply with when you are releasing a fix for this? (Otherwise I'll have to do a factory reset!)

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
GodChick4Ever
Student
Options

I've performed "wipe cache partition" and "repair apps" in recovery mode to see if this helps. Time will tell if it does.

Interestingly, I could only go into recovery mode with my phone connected to my PC by the USB cable - I couldn't access recovery mode any other way

*UPDATE TO THIS POST* - Unfortunately, "wipe cache partitions" and "repair apps" did not solve the problem - I've lost 7% in 25 minutes!

0 Likes
abuhuraira417
Explorer
Options

I'm also using Samsung A70 . An update came to my phone on the 2nd of last April.It will be roughly like 420 MB. The problem is my battery life has halved since the update. I reset my phone. I did everything possible but suddenly my battery life was halved after the update.  Now I'm sure it's because of the update. It was the only security update March 2022. I would humbly request Samsung to resolve this issue of course.

0 Likes
Bhie
Apprentice
Options

Same problem with my A70, no action from samsung

0 Likes