Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Tap to Wake

(Topic created on: 10-10-2019 04:14 AM)
Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

Desperately need this for A20 series, i find easier than unlocking hopefully update soon thanks. 

https://www.phonearena.com/image.php?m=Articles.Images&f=name&id=341866&popup=1

21 REPLIES 21
PhilSC
First Poster
Options

Mine is an A20e and does not seem to have this feature - at least not via the normal Setting /Motions and Gestures. Is it hidden away elsewhere ? It is something I have had on all previous ( not Samsung  ) phones and it spoils an otherwise good phone.

Any chance of it being included in an update ? 

Linx
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, why this isn't included makes no sense.  Since losing the Home Button, we need a way to turn on the phone from the screen.

Samsung please fix this.

PhilSCom
Student
Options

I too was annoyed this not being available.

However, just discovered that if you use the Fingerpring  Unlock method then this both Wakes itup and Unlocks it so the Double Tap to wake is not really needed, which is probably why it is not there as an option.  This is not clear ( at least to me ) in the Manual

Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

I find double tap easier though, i dont like using Fingerprint locks!! A40 has it so not sure why A20's dont?. weird.  I really miss AOD also,  I know on some LCD phones like Nokia 2.2 has it though . 

Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

The A10 seems to have it which is cheaper identical model , Samsung???plz explain.  A20 model which we have weird 

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201906/20190619051742388/SPT_SM-A102U_SM-A205U_EN_UM_P_...

Double tap to wake
Turn on the screen by double-tapping instead of using the Power button. This is
featured on the Galaxy A20 only.
◌ From Settings, tap Advanced features > Motions and gestures > Double tap to
wake, and tap to enable.

PhilSCom
Student
Options

W.r.t. my earlier post that Fingerprint Locking does the job ( Wakes AND Unlocks ), I now understand that this can fail after a while so agree we need the Double Tap to Wake, the same as other models have, in an update.  SAMSUNG PLEASE TAKE NOTE !

Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

Email samsung/ or use feedback members app ask for it in update. A20 A10  has it , hopefully include it. 

Alnty
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my Samsung A20s 😕 sad.. still hoping for it

Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

Did you send feedback ?