Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't know secure folder password

(Topic created on: 20-08-2021 05:45 AM)
Vikking
Student
Options

I've got a new A series phone and transferred everything over from my old phone. 

I've tried to access my secure folder on my new phone, I've entered the pin correctly and then get a message to Confirm Secure Folder password. I have no idea what this is. I've tried passwords I've had previously but none work.

If I press cancel, I get Delete restored data from this phone? With options of delete (lose everything) or cancel (takes me back to previous screen).

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Secure folder password is the same as your lock screen password right? When you first boot up the device and you have to enter your password, have you entered that password? Try a reboot, double check you're using the right password to unlock the device then use it on the secure folder
0 Likes
Vikking
Student
Options
I dont have a password for lockscreen.
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Input a wrong code once then press 'forgot pin' and you can reset it using your Samsung account password
0 Likes
Teana
Student
Options

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution??

0 Likes
Teana
Student
Options

There's no forgot pin or password for this screen. 

Members_57WyxCx
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. Samsung has hidden all my WhatsApp images from Gallery in a 'Secure Folder' but it wants a password, not the existing PIN, in order to access the folder. I didn't set up a password, and it's threatening to remove my files from the folder at the next incorrect attempt. It now won't close the password screen until I enter the correct password, which doesn't exist,  so I'm screwed. 

0 Likes
kw7074
First Poster
Options

Did you find a solution to the secure folder password problem?  I have the exact same thing happened.  Tried pin, and everything else.....it doesn't like my existing pin or samsung account password, and there is no option to reset no matter how many time you try.

0 Likes
chibaran
First Poster
Options

having the same issue over a year later and I can't find a solution

0 Likes