Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know why my videos are corrupt?

(Topic created on: 11-08-2020 11:11 PM)
AvGeekXWBTimelapses
Apprentice
Options
I have a Galaxy A10 and my recorded videos are just randomly popping up with a grey background and an exclamation mark in the middle. This has happened many times and I may just quit using this device. Please reply
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @AvGeekXWBTimelapses ,

do you have your SD card select as the default camera location? Are you able to try this in a different device to see if you are able to access the files/videos? 

0 Likes
AvGeekXWBTimelapses
Apprentice
Options
No, @TessM, I have the default camera/screen recording setting to the internal storage, and the files do not play other devices. I have tried switching to SD and using community tricks, all to no avail. If I use third party apps, they want me t o pay for a not recovered video, MP4Fix only recovers 4 seconds while the video itself is 1 GB and about 50 min. Thank you,
AvGeekXWB Timelapses
0 Likes
Uzoma
Voyager
Options
try to clear data for camera, go in safe mode or going in the recovery mode and clear cache partition
0 Likes
AvGeekXWBTimelapses
Apprentice
Options
How do you go into recovery mode?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AvGeekXWBTimelapses      If have not already   entered recovery mode and cleared cache partition:

• Power off your Samsung Galaxy A10, by holding the power button.
  • Hold down the Volume Up + Power Button.
  • Release both Buttons when  Samsung Logo or Android Logo appears.
  • Will now See Recovery Mode
  • Use volume buttons to move and power button to select any option.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@AvGeekXWBTimelapses: If you have a Samsung Cloud backup, try opening the Gallery app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Sync With Samsung Cloud, and disable this option temporarily to see if the video files show up again in your Gallery. Also, if you go to Apps > Samsung (folder) > My Files > Videos, are the files intact in this location? 

0 Likes
AvGeekXWBTimelapses
Apprentice
Options
Hi AndrewL, my files are shown as severely damaged by an unknown cause of many forms of recovery media. My files are not intact in My Files, but I have not possessed a Samsung cloud account. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks
0 Likes
AvGeekXWBTimelapses
Apprentice
Options
Hi JAMES4578, I have successfully entered recovery mode, but I was unsure of which option I should choose. To be on the safe side, I performed a regular system reboot, please give me advice on what to do next. Thanks
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @AvGeekXWBTimelapses Assuming issue not sorted I would suggest you enter Recovery Mode again and now press volume down key until wipe cache partition. is highlighted.  when this is complete  Reboot system now  should be highlighted.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes