Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing and reappearing photos A51

(Topic created on: 16-03-2022 04:43 PM)
CottonBud
First Poster
Options
Despite having half my phone memory and half my SD memory, photos keep randomly disappearing and then reappearing. When they reappear, they often won't enlarge/open/share/move. They are visible in pictures but then not in the camera album. I used to be able to just restart my phone, a soft reboot used to work but now there's no rhyme or reason to the goings on of the odd photo. Sometimes I can take several photos of the same event/view only half will disappear. If they reappear the others with then disappear, this can happenwhile I'm viewing the photos. I'm at a complete loss. I think I've even lost entire folders too. Nothing is set to upload anywhere 
automatically either. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
pickmybrain
Pathfinder
Options
Your SD card is potentially on its way out or the images are corrupted
0 Likes
CottonBud
First Poster
Options
Thank you that has crossed my mind. It's 128GB, 18month old but only half full too. I'm thinking of trying it in my laptop, taking off all the photos and formatting it to see if that helps. If not I'll just have to get a new one.
0 Likes
pickmybrain
Pathfinder
Options
That's the best thing to do
Ensure you go for a branded sd card and avoid ebay as there's many counterfeits on sale for low prices.
0 Likes
CottonBud
First Poster
Options
Will do, thank you for your help
0 Likes
weskerevil
Voyager
Options
My s20 plus did this bought a genuine Samsung 128gb card had no bother since
0 Likes
CottonBud
First Poster
Options
Thank you, it seems it's only Samsung phones cos none of my facebook friends have reported the same except for Samsung phone users.
0 Likes