Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

(Topic created on: 14-07-2021 09:08 PM)
Stulittle
Apprentice
Options
Has anyone else been having mobile Internet issues since the recent update .
I have to keep disconnecting my data to get it to work .Any tips to fix would be welcome .
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Stulittle, turn the phone off, remove the SIM and re-insert it, and turn the phone back on. Does this help? 

0 Likes
Stulittle
Apprentice
Options
Hi there yes I have tried this also had Samsung help team advising me but not luck so far but thank you for the idea 👍🙂
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I know Vodafone UK customers have been having mobile data connectivity issues lately. You may need new APN settings sent to you or manually put in.
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks, @Stulittle, I'd also recommend reaching out to your Network to ensure the network settings are all up to date, as advised by @Mitzzz999

Stulittle
Apprentice
Options
I did a couple of signal strength checks & they gave me a strong signal & a few moments later a very weak result so yeah sounds like it could be a signal issue .
Thank you for your feed back 👍
Stulittle
Apprentice
Options
🥳 success guys set a new APN & all's good now 😀 Thanks again for all the advice 👏👏
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
I had exactly the same issue. Tried 4 different SIMS from family members in my A51 5G and none would work, must be the phone, right?

Called Samsung support and paid £20 for the WeFix service, they come to you under warranty and sort within an hour.

Only thing is that after 2.5hrs, the engineer could not get the A51 5G to work on my SIMS, just his O2 SIM!

I had to phone Samsung 5 times to get another engineer visit sorted.

The night before the visit, I was once again googling and found this page to add the APN. I must stress, I did contact Vodafone and they sent me a brand new SIM, delivered the next day, same no data result.

I added the APN as per this website and it just worked:
https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-a51-5g-android-10-0/connectivity/set-up-your-phon...

I managed to work out that the config message being sent by VF to the device is not being implemented accurately as it's adding a proxy server address where one's not needed and a port ID.

Try the above as mine is now happily flying on 4G.

Good luck 🤞