Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged A51 smartphone

(Topic created on: 23-12-2022 02:47 PM)
mixbits
Student
Options

I have a damaged A51 model phone and need to transfer all data to new A23  model phone.

However, I cannot switch the A51 phone on and the screen is damaged but the phone is charged.

Is the data held electronically with Samsung if so how do I download to the new phone

Thanks for your help

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mixbits
Student
Options

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the information but I cannot import any data from the old phone except I can use the sim card which has a limited amount of data contact already on it.

The main issue is that I cannot switch the old phone on and the screen is also blank.

It tries to power up but just buzzes and thats ali.

The phone is not worth repairing its 2 years plus old and worth next to nothing if it was in good working order.

Its actually my wifes phone and I am not sure at all if she ever backed it up to the cloud either so it was a forlorn hope that I might be able to get all her data back.

However, thank you for your support have a great Christmas and New Year

Regards

Michael

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @mixbits. Even though you cannot access your A51 at present, I believe that the information provided in the article below will help you back up and restore your data:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/i-smashed-my-screen-and-cannot-use-the-touchscreen...

Please let me know how you get on with this.

0 Likes
Solution
mixbits
Student
Options

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the information but I cannot import any data from the old phone except I can use the sim card which has a limited amount of data contact already on it.

The main issue is that I cannot switch the old phone on and the screen is also blank.

It tries to power up but just buzzes and thats ali.

The phone is not worth repairing its 2 years plus old and worth next to nothing if it was in good working order.

Its actually my wifes phone and I am not sure at all if she ever backed it up to the cloud either so it was a forlorn hope that I might be able to get all her data back.

However, thank you for your support have a great Christmas and New Year

Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Ziddy
Helping Hand
Options
You can buy a hub that plugs into usb C port on phone. Allows you to use a mouse and tv/display as your screen. I have one for emergencies 😉
The phone might actually be powering on but problem with screen?
If that works, you'd be able access the phone and transfer data
0 Likes