Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual beeping Galaxy A40

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 08:41 PM)
Steve8311
First Poster
Options

Could someone please help me or this ***** phone is getting chucked. Earlier today my son asked me if i'd gotten a message. I had gotten no notification from four different emails. But then over the next two hours the rotten thing has beeped at me about 20 times - a sort of trumpet announcement. 

There were no other messages, in updates there were about four which I left-swiped. It's trying to get me to update. I've read unhappy tales and so far I havent got to grips with the awful thing as it is,so streuth update to what I wonder? Even more hell? I'm holding off.

I'm new to Android, and not enjoying it so far. Having learnt how to answer the thing, and how to set up announcements for example, it doesn't seem to hold onto the settings. It has even made reference to both the SIM 1 and the SIM 2 position, as if live and running, even though there is just one SIM card in it.

It's like a hot potato in my hand. The slightest movement and it opens up no end of garbage, favourite is a weather app from back on page 5 which I've tried to hide out of the way. I've made a decent stab at learning the "how to" code, but I feel there is a little devil with a remote control having a huge laugh at my expense. Could it be Apple reaping revenge?

All I want to use this phone for is text, email, internet, You Tube, Sat Nav, and Maps.

So now if I want to sleep tonight I'll have to turn it off,  I'm going to have to use another alarm. This feels like a mighty pile of dung I have bought.

However if you know all I have to do is to flip that certain switch and all will be well again, I'd like to hear from you.

Yours in hope, if not ....blah blah

Steve

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0