Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compass for Galaxy A21s

(Topic created on: 22-10-2020 07:34 PM)
chippy901
Journeyman
Options

I just purchased a brand new A21s.  I particularly wanted a phone with a compass as I had with my iphone and this is advertised as having one.  I can't find it anywhere on the phone.  Various posts talk about going to settings - display - edge  to allow you to swipe in some functionality from the edge of the phone (edge tools?) but there is no such display on my phone.  Can anyone help please?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@chippy901: Sadly the compass feature is only accessible via the Edge Panel, which isn't available on the the A21s. What I'd suggest is checking the Google Play Store or Galaxy Store for a suitable third party compass app, making sure to use download figures and user reviews to help you make an informed choice. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

chippy901
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Andrew for a very prompt reply.  I purchased this phone because Samsung advertise it with a compass in the specification.   Not a very good start for my first encounter with a Samsung product but thanks again.

SteveDa
First Poster
Options
I have a j4+ and had same issue. I found out that the phone doesn't have the "hardware " bit necessary for a compass. not just because of this but I am disappointed with my Samsung and wished I had stayed with iPhone!