Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing cache

(Topic created on: 31-03-2021 10:53 PM)
karlosslim
Pioneer
Options
What is the best way to clear out cache and all the files that are taking my memory cos I can't do it singley and when I go into certain files I have no idea if I should delete them.cos I don't know what they mean ie system files so is there a way to clean files without (like I have done recently ) restarting apps and losing files please help
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Google Files app from the Play Store.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Device care in settings can help free up some memory... but depends on what kind of phone you have, you might have just reached near max capacity for your phone model?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@karlosslim 

Try....

Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

AndrewL
Options

@karlosslim: Further to the advice offered by @Mitzzz999 Head to Settings > Device Care > Memory > Clean Now. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Further to wiping cache partition with Android 11 need to follow these steps:

1. Turn off your device and  Connect your device to the PC via USB or to USB-C headphones

2. Wait until the message that the device is being charged appears. (for USB connection)

3. Press and hold down the volume up and then power buttons and  Bixby Button  (if Device has one) .hold them until the device turns on.

4. Recovery menu should appear from there select "Wipe cache partition" (you can navigate using volume up/down buttons and confirm with a power button).

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.