Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the resolution for my Samsung Galaxy A71 Camera to get sane file sizes!!??

(Topic created on: 17-04-2022 12:14 PM)
rvnorth
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

My Samsung Galaxy A71 records ridiculously large file sized videos. And there is nowhere to actually change this to a reasonable setting. You removed the resolution setting and I have seen this being complained about in forums. I am not happy at all with the current options  and think this is a huge scandal and is hurting you because I will avoid mobile phones from you in the future since you cannot include settings to have video recordings that generate smaller video file sizes. And if there is a Samsung phone that have that you will probably just remove that option like this time. HXXX! 

I got myself a rather expensive video hosting solution and max file size to upload training videos etc is 500 MB.
A half hour of video recorded is almost 1 GB!!
I realized that it was my stupid, useless Samsung garbage phone that create overbloated videos with no option to change the resolution. Useless and so stupid move by you Samsung. Now I have to go and buy a sane product instead.

I have not bothered to try and fix this for months because who have time & energy for something that should just be there easily manageable.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@rvnorth 

hello

the resolution option is still there

please head to Camera → tap Video → tap the resolution icon above → then select preferred resolution

Screenshot_20210630-084240_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20210630-084244_Camera.jpg

Screenshot_20210630-084240_Camera.jpg

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
rvnorth
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your answer!

No matter what I choose the file size is huge. Lowest I think is HD 30 correct?

What happened with the old resolution 720p etc? How does HD 30 compare to the old resolution settings?

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@rvnorth 

hello

they are the same

only numbers converted to acronyms

we may google the differences

HD = 720p

FHD = 1080p

UHD = 2160p

images (32).jpeg

alternatively, before uploading, you may download Samsung Video Editor app

and resize the file to lowest if available

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
rvnorth
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Thanks again for continous answers.

BUT...I made a recording test with my camera and it recorded for 29 minutes and it generated a file size of 2.47 GB!! It was the HD 30 setting! There is a lot of other people who record videos with their phones and they do not generate as huge files as I do!!

They do not even generate 60MB for a minute as you showed in your previous post (that would basically be 1.8 GB, huge too!! 30 minuntes should easily go below 500MB so I could use the video hosting account I bought. I have to look for other options, other cameras now that isnt CRAZY!!!

So my recording was basically 85 MB per minute! So with the recording options I am really, really annoyed and angry. Why have Samsung made it so the smallest recording possible is 85 MB per minute on my phone?? Even 60 MB per minute should be lower, but there is no choice!!

JH181
Student
Options

Our issues aren't with resolution, they're with file size. Adjusting the resolution does not result in an acceptable file size.

Videos or still photos, when we select the lowest possible resolution we still end up with gigantic files that can't be shared easily, and each one has to be edited manually in gallery.

0 Likes
Maayan
First Poster
Options

Do anyone knows how to change the resolution of the pictures? (Not video)

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Maayan: It isn't possible to manually adjust the resolution of images taken in Photo Mode. On the main telephoto lens you do have the option of enabling high res photos by tapping on the Aspect Ratio settings above the camera's viewfinder, and selecting 3:4 64MP, though. 

0 Likes