Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant move photos when connected to PC

(Topic created on: 19-10-2020 11:37 PM)
Dylan78
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have a samsung a50, which ive connected to my PC (usb cable).

Im trying to move some photos to a new folder which I CAN create on my PC, but when I try and move photos into the folder I create, it just says "waiting: A50 is busy" forever..

I swtiched from iphone to samsung because I remembered it was so much easier to use my PC to move files around, and now this just keeps happening.

I can create a folder using the gallery in the phone, but I cannot place that folder where I want it. I can move photos around in the folders that are already created on the phone, but not into any I create myself (on the PC) that are empty??

please advise, as this just seems silly. I have moved photos into folders I created myself before but now its seems not to want to work..

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
on your pc go to my computer, click on removable usb, then open my file, look for DCIM,you then see your photo in there, then drag and drop whatever photo you like to your pc folder,
but remember to unlock your phone into home screen first before it get to work
0 Likes
Dylan78
First Poster
Options

Thx for the answer, but this isn't the problem I have. Moving files onto the PC works fine. It moving files around on my phone that doesn't work. I want to use my PC to move files from one folder on my phone to another folder on my phone. Everytime I try it just says the phone is busy

0 Likes
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
ah, I see what you meant,
go to setting on your phone, then device care, then optimise now, that will close all the app that run on the background, after that then go back to move your file around see that work.
0 Likes
Dylan78
First Poster
Options

I will test this as soon as I have a few mins spare and let you know if it helped, thx. Should be able to reply in an hour or 2 :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Dylan78
First Poster
Options

This had no effect 😞 my phone was already at 99% optimal and only had 1 app running in the background

0 Likes
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
Have you tried installing an App like File Commander? I've used this for years and can cut and paste around my phone, SD to phone and vice versa. Also you can add cloud drives like Google Drive and One Drive.
0 Likes