Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cant make screenshots with android 10 - A50

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 10:07 AM)
NathanV
Explorer
Options

When I try to take a screenshot on my Galaxy A50 with the android 10 update, it no longer works.

If you use volume down and power button you will get to the power screen where you get the message that you need to use power and volume up for a screenshot, but that does not work. Nothing just happens, no error message or anything. Is this a bug in Android 10? Is there a solution for this?
I read on the internet that the android 10 update has been discontinued because of bugs.

32 REPLIES 32
Binkey
First Poster
Options

Hi Mary, mine doesn't work by holding any buttons, it stopped working after the last update but I can take screen shots by using palm swipe which you can activate in the settings.

0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
Hello Binkey,
I think you should report it to Samsung.
I have other issues too since last upgrade the worst one being can't zoom on the higher 25mp camera setting.
Also Amoled display has been removed. There's now only a choice of Normal or Vivid. Can't understand this at all.
Have reported all to Samsung but not getting anywhere.
Have you experienced any of these?
Thanks
0 Likes
scegrc
First Poster
Options

Just Press Volume Down & Power button momentarily ( just for 1 sec or less ) then release ... screenshot will be taken.
Don't hold the Volume Down & Power button it is not working anymore ... just press and release.

0 Likes
Tani20
First Poster
Options

I was having same issue. You have to press the volume down and power key very shortly and then release it. I hope this solves your problem

Thanks

0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
yes thanks. Still no zoom, 'though.
0 Likes
JudyTeal
First Poster
Options

Was panicking, thinking I would have to reset my phone!!!! Thank you!!! I didn't know you didn't have to long press the Volume Down and Power buttons anymore!!!! 

0 Likes
larkinsen
First Poster
Options

Hi.For me it works pressing shortly at the same time the volume down and power button ,but palm swipe doesn't work,although it's activated in settings.It's annoying.Maybe they should remove this,because it doesn't work properly.

0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
Thank you.
0 Likes
maxis321
First Poster
Options

Thanks Nathan for that last part especially. I'm used to holding it for as long as I want (and as a result I do hold it for long). I'm coming from a Motorola stock android device where I hold it for long enough until I see confirmation on screen that the screenshot has been clicked. Did the same here and didn't seem like it was working, until I came across your comment. 

0 Likes
suzi123
First Poster
Options
very quickly being the operative word👍I've tried since I bought this phone,thanks to you I can now take ss
0 Likes