Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cant make screenshots with android 10 - A50

(Topic created on: 04-06-2020 11:14 PM)
NathanV
Explorer
Options

When I try to take a screenshot on my Galaxy A50 with the android 10 update, it no longer works.

If you use volume down and power button you will get to the power screen where you get the message that you need to use power and volume up for a screenshot, but that does not work. Nothing just happens, no error message or anything. Is this a bug in Android 10? Is there a solution for this?
I read on the internet that the android 10 update has been discontinued because of bugs.

32 REPLIES 32
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
I have just posted my own issues re the camera and Amoled display since android 10. If it has been discontinued due to the bugs, then Samsung need to quickly get a fix patched through for those of us left with problems we cannot resolve after it.
0 Likes
Plafbezerker
First Poster
Options

I just figured it out, DO NOT HOLD the buttons. It has been changed to just CLICK THEM

(down volume+power) Click BOTH same tiem and LET GO without holding

Mary551
Pioneer
Options
Thank you so much Plafbezerker. It worked with just clicking the buttons.
Can you help with another android 10 problem: the zoom no longer works on high 25mp setting since upgrade. Very disappointing
Also the Amoled display has gone. Now only have "normal" or "vivid".
Why has this gone?
New A50's are still advertised with this feature.
Have both these things been taken away on purpose by android 10? Thanks
0 Likes
ColumR
First Poster
Options

Neither can I since I downloaded the last update. Really annoying and thinking of changing to Apple over it. 

0 Likes
Jezek34
First Poster
Options

Thank you it worksGhost

0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options

Thank you for your help with this.

Do you know anything about the Amoled display having been removed?

0 Likes
Binkey
First Poster
Options
I have tried using up and down volume with the power key and a screen shot cannot be taken, the power off icon appears, am I going to have to wait for an update before I can take a screen shot?
0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
Thank you very much. It works.
0 Likes
Mary551
Pioneer
Options
As I was advised above, hold the volume down and power buttons together and let go. Don't hold them down long.
It works as I tried it.
0 Likes
ColumR
First Poster
Options

Thanks Mary. It actually wasnt working but is now. I have it set up also to slide my hand across screen but prefer still using the buttons. Thanks again.

0 Likes