Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use home WiFi network with A50

(Topic created on: 18-08-2019 02:19 PM)
lu-mon
First Poster
Options

The past couple of days I've not been able to use my home WiFi, either 2.4g or 5g, with my A50. I can connect to both, but only to recieve the message that "internet may not be available". Resetting the router has made no difference, and in any case every other device in the house is working as usual, so I'm worried the issue might be my device.

I've tried a few different things, forgetting and reconecting to the networks, restarting the device, running the device in safe mode, resetting network settings and wiping the cache - nothing has made any change yet! Any more suggestions about what the issue may be and how to fix it would be much apreciated.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options
Hey Lu-mon!

Sounds like you've got troubleshooting down to a T! I'd recommend checking the Power Saving settings. As Wi-Fi does use up some of the A50's energy, Power Saving mode can disable a connection. Head to Settings > Device Care > Battery > Power Mode > Optimised.

Also, is it just the home Wi-Fi you're experiencing a problem with or is this any Wi-Fi connection?
0 Likes
lu-mon
First Poster
Options

Hi Chelsea, thanks for the response.

Looks like it's already set to optimised. As for the second question, that's something I'd like to check but unfortunately I'm recovering from surgery at the moment so I've not had the chance to go anywhere to test this out.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Wishing you a speedy recovery, @lu-mon! Short of performing a Factory Reset, it sounds like an engineer inspection might be called for. This link will direct you to the closest Service Centre in your area. If you prefer, I can arrange a courier to collect your phone. 

0 Likes
lu-mon
First Poster
Options

Hi Carl, thanks for the info, I wouldn't have thought there'd be a service centre local to me but looks like that will be my best option.

I'd hoped to avoid doing a factory reset just for the inconvenience, but fortunately I've not had the phone for very long so not too much of an issue to back everything up. Unfortunately, I've given it a go and still not resolved anything. I've also tried setting up a mobile hotspot on another device and connecting to that, but still recieve the same "internet may not be available" message.

0 Likes
Manas_94
First Poster
Options

Hi ,

i am facing the same issue , i am able to connect to Home wifi but showing internet not available , I can use it on  y laptop and other device but not able to use it on Samsung A50,

DaveNo
First Poster
Options

My wife and I both bought new Samsung A50 phones a couple of weeks ago and we are experincing similar issues on both of the phones.  We have no issues with wifi  on the other devices in our house (PCs, printers, tablets, etc.).   The exception is these new Samsung A50 cell phones .  They connect to wifi with no issues and function great in the house.  However, periodically (probably daily) the wifi will suddenly not work on the phones.  When we go into the cell phone settings we see that the wifi remains connected but a message along the lines of “Internet may not be available” is displayed.  To clear this we need to disconnect wifi and the immediately reconnect and it will automatically reconnect to the Shaw wifi and function perfectly – until the next time.  This is a real pain.  BTW, I checked and the power setting are optimized.

Any ideas out there?

MarcelDO
Student
Options

Seems related to mesh wifi with 2.4 and 5 GHz on the same ssid. Same issue here, only with the A50. All other devices ok, including other Samsung like S9. Fix it Samsung!

0 Likes
RobNL
First Poster
Options

Same problem, only with A50 not with S9. Internet not available on Mesh Home network, while moving through the house. Is there a solution available?

MarcelDO
Student
Options

Tried with 5GHz disabled for a while but that didn't help. Tried every reset/update available, very disappointed about the lack of resolve/support by Samsung on this. Should be pretty easy to fix with a software update.