Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Receive Text Messages

(Topic created on: 24-10-2020 06:38 PM)
chippy901
Journeyman
Options

New to Android, new to A21s (two days!) after eight years of an iPhone. 

I've set it all up but it won't receive text messages.  Sending okay.  I went back to store and they changed the SIM which they said should cure it but it hasn't.  I'm going back to store tomorrow but wondered if any of you guys have a fix?  I saw something which said to clear data and cache, which I did, but no joy.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
if you still have access to your old iPhone make sure iMessage is switched off in the settings. this associates your number and your Apple I.D to imessage. go to settings, messages then turn off iMessage. may take a few hours to update.
0 Likes
chippy901
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thanks for that.  I have never switched that function on and I just checked on my iPhone it is still switched off.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
have you changed networks or kept with the same network when you changed phone?
0 Likes
chippy901
Journeyman
Options

I changed network as well.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
ah okay. I doubt it's anything to do with the phone set up. if you tried your new SIM in another phone... say a family member's phone or a friend's phone and SMS still doesn't receive properly then it's more to do with a network issue rather than a phone issue. looks like it's still taking time to fully switch over. I would recommend turning the phone on and off every few hours to refresh everything.
0 Likes
chippy901
Journeyman
Options

At the store they put the SIM in another phone and it worked okay.  I'll have to take it back or sadly return to an iPhone!  Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
how weird is that. okay hope it all gets sorted for you.
0 Likes
MrNtrev
Explorer
Options
I had same issue with my Vodafone. I took new Vodafone sim card and ask them for the pak number so I transferred my old number to a new sim and it worked. hope I will do to you too
0 Likes
MrNtrev
Explorer
Options
Hope it will work for you too*
0 Likes