What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: Samsung galaxy a71 camera settings keeps closing

(Topic created on: 28-05-2022 05:34 PM)
Options
After Android 12 One UI 4.1 update, the camera settings close a second after opening them. How can this be fixed?
5 REPLIES 5
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@eternalkontrolmusic Hello, have you tried resetting the Camera settings from the Camera app's own settings.? Test .
2.Try to clear cache and data of the Camera app.Go to Settings/Applications and look for the Camera app.In Storage,clear cache and data and check.A greeting.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Options
Yes, I've tried this, it only works if you go to the app settings within the Samsung settings app and tap on camera settings, It doesn't work if you try to click on the settings gear icon in the camera app itself, clearing cache and data did nothing
0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@eternalkontrolmusic Have you been able to fix it, then?

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@eternalkontrolmusic: If you have been to Settings > Apps > Camera > Force Stop > Storage > Clear cache, and the issue has persisted, then please try pressing the Volume Down and Power/Side Keys together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. I also recommend heading to the Galaxy Store > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Updates, and checking for any updates for the Camera app. Similarly, head to Settings > Software update > Download and install, followed by Settings > Biometrics and security > Security update to ensure you're up to date. 

If you open the Camera app following these steps and tap on the cog symbol, does the Settings menu remain open? If not, please submit an Error Report with accompanying System Log Data so we can look into this further for you. To do this, please head to the Members app > Get Help > Error Report > Tap 'OK' to send System Log Data > Select the symptom, and include as much detail as possible. To ensure your logs accurately reflect the issue you're experiencing, we'd like you to submit your report within 5 minutes of encountering the problem. Our engineers will then investigate this and respond to you with a solution via the Members app. 

petermh27
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem it was because I had auto close after leaving on in experiments.

0 Likes