Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth not connecting with anything on A8 since latest update

(Topic created on: 08-05-2019 09:31 PM)
TaylorJ1
Apprentice
Options

My phone updated on 22/04/2019 and since this date my bluetooth will not connect to anything.

I first tried with my fitbit, a charge 2. It pops up on the screen saying 'connected charge 2' and then 'disconnected charge 2' after about 15-30 seconds. If I try to sync the fitbit through the app a few times, it comes up saying there is a bluetooth issue and to reset bluetooth, but when I press this it doesn't make any difference. I thought it was the fitbit but it won't connect to my satnav either. For this it keeps popping up telling me to put in the password - it then tries to connect and says it can't. 

I spoke to a guy on the live chat who guided me through clearing my cache and data on bluetooth, and reseting all network connections. However nothing seems to work. Any ideas? 

129 REPLIES 129
Silkyk
Journeyman
Options
I'm having the exact same problem with my Samsung A8 & Fitbit charge 2
I've tried everything deleting Fitbit, clearing cache....its since my phone took the latest update from Samsung
Winnipegchick76
First Poster
Options

Following  I am having the same issue and have tried all reset options. It is confirmed with Fitbit to NOT be their device. 

Amands
Student
Options

Same issue here. Clearing cache and data allowed it to connect back to my cars build in bluetooth but took a few atrempts to search for it. Still won't sync to my fitbit nor search for it at all.

Delta3
Apprentice
Options

Exactly the same issue on my wife's phone: Galaxy A8 with a Charge 2. Won't connect!

KimmyB
Journeyman
Options

I have had EXACTLY the same issue with my A8 since the last update. My Fitbit charge 2 was working with it until then but now it will not connect.

SAMSUNG this is a big issue for me as I am a carer for my husband and have to have my phone on vibrate at work but was using the notification from my Fitbit to tell me if I had a text or call as my hubby often needs medical help during the day and I have to work. 

Please sort out whatever you did asap.

KimmyB
Journeyman
Options

In fact  the bluetooth is just playing up period! It now either does not connect to the car kit or intermittently switches back to the handset. I currently hate my phone!!

Natalie52
Apprentice
Options

Following too! My A8 also won't connect with my fitbit Alta hr or my car, super annoying! I've also cleared my Bluetooth cache but it doesn't help. When I try and scan for new devices nothing comes up, I can't even re-pair.

Jy22
Apprentice
Options
Ditto. Same problem. Did the update in April/2019 and now bluetooth issues, won't connect to my Fitbit charge2 anymore. Did all the resets and trouble shooting.. blah blah blah...completely frustrating!
Delta3
Apprentice
Options

So Samsung, starting to look like you've got a problem here... What are you going to do about it? Anyone from Samsung monitoring these boards?