Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby has stopped working

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 03:44 PM)
Members_k5DSM0w
First Poster
Options

Hello. I have been suffering issues with my A20e handset.

In January, I started seeing a 'Refreshing SIM Data' message randomly. It seems to be happening more frequently. When it appears, I lose my WiFi calling, and the icon for enabling WiFi calling disappears from the swipe screen. Sometimes WiFi calling restores itself, other times I check the swipe screen and see the icon is greyed out.

The WiFi calling also disappears from above Voicemail in the phone settings menu.

The APN settings are not being saved. I have tried installing them from texts sent from Virgin mobile (when I was setting up the new SIM card they sent me a couple of weeks ago). I have also manually inputted the apn settings and tapped Save, but they will not save.

I have reset the connections for WiFi. I have rebooted the phone and over the past few days I see a message after reboot saying that the Bixby Service has stopped.

What might be wrong? Is there an economic repair (handset is 2 years old)?

The phone software is up to date.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Have you tried reset Network

Go settings
General management
Reset

Reset Network settings

And see if
helps solve your issue
0 Likes
Members_k5DSM0w
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the advice Steve. A local phone shop tried that when I took the handset there for testing last week. I have tried it for my own benefit, however the issues persist. 

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
I did find this page
That may be helpful

Reset Bixby on your Samsung phone or tablet
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001306/#:~:text=Clear%20the%20data%20for%20B....
0 Likes
Members_k5DSM0w
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately it has not worked. I am thinking I may need  new handset. (This one is 2 years old. I did think it would last longer. I might try a different phone brand.) 

0 Likes