Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 08:45 PM)
shazz1
First Poster
Options
I've installed the new update on 11th April and now the battery on my A51 is draining really fast. It was fully charged when I left for work this morning and now its down to 26%. I've never had this problem before.  It's always held it's charge well . Looks like I'm going to have to go and find my portal battery pack. Please help.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Sometimes a few days after a big update (like new version of android) the battery can act kind of oddly for a few days. Its just the battery acclimatising to the new features of the new version of android. I used to ahve that problem with my old A9 2018. I use A51 5g tho and havent had that problem. It was only the day the update was installed that the battery acted kind of oddly but not alarmingly oddly. Hopefully it will be ok in a few days 🤞
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It would also be a good idea to clear system cache.
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
I would say, if anyone says they are having battery issues, need to also upload screenshots of their battery info, app usages, graphs, etc
AndrewL
Options

@shazz1: Further to the advice offered above, please head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Battery > Tap on the usage graph, and check the list of apps below. If you notice any apps that are using a lot of battery that you don't use that often, go back, tap on Background Usage Limits > Put Unused Apps To Sleep (On), and place the apps in the Sleeping or Deep Sleeping sections. I'd also recommend closing background apps while not in use via the Recent Apps button in your Navigation Bar, and disabling Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth when not in use. 

0 Likes