Did you mean: 

Battery drain

(Topic created on: 20-09-2022 01:00 PM)
1972Jay
Journeyman
Options
Hi everyone
Keep getting this message on my A42 5g 
Some apps or processes are over loading the system ( cpu) and need to be closed.
Com.paypal.android.p2pmobile
I have uninstalled PayPal and it still does it. Battery drains fast now and a couple of other apps have stopped working. Been like this for a few weeks now. Maybe since last update. 
Does anyone have any ideas.? Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, After uninstalling PayPal, did you restart the phone?

Neo001
Legend
Options

Have you checked which apps are causing the most drain besides PayPal? 

Also check if there are updates available for the apps on your phone.

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@1972Jay Hello, in your place I would do a factory reset, since it could be malware.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

1972Jay
Journeyman
Options
The apps were installed years ago and have been working perfectly until a few weeks ago. They were all up to date as well. I have read online this seems to be an issue a lot of other people are having. I just can't seem to find the cure. My battery is draining twice as fast as it used to. I can't see any other apps that are draining. There are a coue that are running but they dont look like PayPal. I don't want to go shutting down stuff I am not sure about. Thanks
1972Jay
Journeyman
Options
I am thinking maybe a factory reset too. Thank you
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@1972Jay do not restore any backup if you decide to proceed. Install everything from scratch.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

1972Jay
Journeyman
Options
Will do thanks 🍺
0 Likes
Lainy
First Poster
Options
I have started getting this message too on my s21 (seems possibly since last update) and seems to also pinpoint the PayPal app too (which has been installed for ages and never previously had problems). Did you get this resolved?
0 Likes